Potatoes are starchy food items that are the favourite of every second person you cross by. Just like potatoes, sweet potatoes are also tubers (root vegetables). There is nothing the same in both of them. Both are entirely different in taste. In the following article, we get to know about How to cook sweet potatoes? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
That is why the name itself differs. People argue that sweet potatoes are way more healthy than normal regular potatoes. Well, they argue, right! They are more nutritious than any regular potatoes. This is due to the presence of antioxidants, which help avoid any brain or heart-related disease. This is to be noted that sweet potatoes have a greater content of vitamin A in it than regular potatoes.
How much time do sweet potatoes take to get fully cooked?
People prefer to bake sweet potatoes. You can cut them in any form and then bake them (which will be discussed later). When entered into the oven, they take about one hour to cook completely. However, it takes forty-five to fifty minutes when the sweet potato is of normal size. You can check whether it is cooked properly or not when the timer buzzes with the help of a fork or a knife by slicing it.
How to cook them?
- As I have stated earlier, people prefer to bake their sweet potatoes, many people prefer their sweet potatoes fried or better air fried in an air fryer. It is assumed that sweet potatoes take longer than a regular potatoes to be cooked. It again depends upon the size of the vegetable that you choose. So let us see how to cook them:
- First, you will have to wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly so that all the dirt and sticky mud are washed away from their skin.
- When done, clean it with a cloth and dry it out completely.
- Then you will have to take a fork and poke a hole in the whole sweet potato so that all the moisture dries off if there is any present inside it.
- So, then you will have to drizzle an ample amount of olive oil on it and rub it with your hands to cover the whole of it properly.
- Then you will have to sprinkle some salt and black pepper on it.
- Now comes when you wrap the sweet potato properly in aluminium foil paper. And then push it into the oven, which is preheated to 400 degrees.
- When you take it out, you will have to slice it in half and fluff the pulp so that you may know whether it is cooked properly or not. And enjoy.
Also read: how long do migraines last.