Cleanliness is a virtue. It is very important to take care of your hygiene to remain healthy. Therefore it is repeatedly said to keep yourself and your surroundings tidy so that you may not be harmed by anything. The same is the case with utensils and appliances. If we do not maintain and keep them clean, they will wear off and ultimately stop working. Almost all kitchen appliances are prone to rust. When they are exposed to water, the metal might oxidise and then lead to the formation of rust. So everything requires maintenance and has to be taken care of.
The most long-lasting appliance in a kitchen is its oven which can work for years if taken care of properly. People do not care for their ovens due to lack of time and laziness. The oven is kept untidy, and it gets rust in a short period of time. This takes the oven one step closer to destruction, which is wrong and can be prevented.
If you want to prevent this from happening, you will have to at least attempt to do the painstaking job of cleaning it. Trust me, when I say detailed job I mean it. It gets very difficult to clean the mess in an oven because of the heat and the huge space. Plus, who would want to scrub off the dirt and food particles off the oven’s walls. The horror of cleaning a dirty oven prolongs its inter cleaning and keeps on getting delayed. Alas! You will have to gather some power and do it and clean the oven inside out if you want it to work for more years.
How to clean it?
If you decide to clean the oven, there is not any difficulty in cleaning at all. A few steps and your oven will be as good as new. Let us have a look:
- To begin with, switch off your oven and if it is a gas oven, then make sure the gas knob is off. It should be cooled down completely.
- Then take the trays and the grilling racks out of your oven and scrape all the stuck food particles and dirt off them.
- Then you will have to make a solution of baking soda, water, and vinegar and spray it on the trays with the help of a spray bottle. Instead, you can use a good oven cleaner to save time.
- It is better to leave the oven open and sprayed for the whole night and then next morning, wipe that liquid off the oven body by using a damp cloth.
- You will see that your oven will begin to shine and will look as sparkling new as before.
Also read: how to cook sweet potatoes.