Do you love Italian food? Well, most people do. Do not fret if you are craving pasta right now and do not know how to cook it. We are here to assist you. Here is the simplest guide to making spaghetti.
Follow these steps to boil the pasta:
- First of all, boil water in a big saucepan or pot. Make sure it is not small otherwise. Your spaghetti will stick to each other and not cook well. Approximately 6 Quarts of water will be enough for a single pound of spaghetti.
- Now put a minimum of 4 teaspoons of salt or even more. Water should taste like seawater that is usually too salty.
- Now slump spaghetti in this boiling water.
- Stir it gently. Stirring too fast can break the spaghetti.
- Keep the pot on the stove till the time mentioned on the packet. Stir it intermittently as it boils.
- Take it off as soon as the spaghetti becomes soft. Do not forget to taste it before you turn off the stove.
- Drain the spaghetti after taking it off the stove. You can use a colander set for this purpose.
Ingredients You Require
As your spaghetti is boiled, it is time to mix it with sauce. Just buy a simple tomato sauce. You do not need specially prepared spaghetti sauce, marinara sauce, or pizza sauce. A low sodium tomato sauce will be enough.
It is optional. But surely it will enhance the taste of spaghetti. Purchase fresh parmesan cheese blocks and grate them by yourself. You will find several grated parmesan kinds of cheese in the market, but it is advisable not to buy that. These are typically not fresh and have roughage as a space filler.
Oil and Seasonings
Take extra virgin oil. Gather dried oregano, pepper, and salt. Moreover, you will need minced garlic to flavor your dish.
In a pot, heat olive oil. Add a minimum of three cloves of garlic and oregano. Stir it on medium heat. Please do not burn the garlic; it will destroy the taste of your dish. Now add tomato sauce, one more garlic clove, salt (to taste), pepper (to taste), and worn-out pasta. Stir until the whole ingredients are perfectly mixed. In the end, sprinkle parmesan over it. And you are done.
Here are some tips to make spaghetti flawlessly.
- Instead of purchasing white or gluten-free pasta, we recommend whole grain and whole wheat pasta because it is more nutritious.
- To avoid spaghetti noodles from getting stuck, adding salt to boiling water and stirring it frequently is essential. Moreover, you may also add a small amount of oil to the water to prevent it from sticking.
- If you cook spaghetti for kids, add parmesan cheese and butter. Nothing else is required. But if your kids are lovers of meat, you can add some ground chicken to their pasta.
- To increase the nutritional value of this dish, you can load it with any meat, mainly chicken and beef and chopped veggies.
Also read: how to sleep with lower back pain