Onion Rings, also called Onion Rings, are delicious onions covered in batter that can be served for an aperitif or in a fried dinner.
- PREPARATION10 minutes
- COOKING10 minutes
- DOSES FOR5 people
The Onion Rings are appetizers ( antipasti ) born in America with the name of Onion Rings and very widespread especially in fast food menus, which combine them with sauces of all kinds such as mayonnaise, ketchup, and barbecue also to accompany burgers and French fries.
How to make onion rings?
The delicious crunchiness of fried onion rings is given by a particular batter that makes them golden and very crunchy, perfect to nibble during an aperitif or to accompany the evenings in front of the TV. These Crispy Fried Onions give their best even in a dinner based on various fried foods, combined for example with Nuggets and Mozzarella sticks. And if you are looking for a richer and tastier version of these Onion Rings, you should also try the Onion Rings with Meat and Cheese!
When preparing the Onion Rings (but it is true for fried foods in general) always remember to keep the temperature of the oil monitored, to prevent it from reaching the smoke point, ruining the result of the dish. You can also use a fryer with a thermostat like mine: it doesn’t cost much and does its duty!
Ingredients for 5 people
- 2 large round white onions
- 100 gr of flour 00
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant yeast for savory preparations
- 1 egg
- 110 ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- FOR FRYING:
- qs of Seed Oil
How To Make Onion Rings
- To prepare the onion rings, start preparing the batter by sieving the flour and baking powder in a bowl, then add the egg, milk, olive oil and mix everything well with a whisk until you get a mixture. homogeneous. Cover and let it rest for a few minutes.
- While the batter rests, peel the onions and cut across the width of onion slices about half a centimeter thick. At this point, divide the rings of each slice, being careful not to break them. Now heat abundant seed oil in a pan, salt the batter, and mix it with fruit then start to pass the onion rings in the batter and, when the oil has reached the right temperature, start frying the ring.
- Fry the onion ring until they are golden brown, let them dry on a little absorbent paper, and, if necessary, season with salt. Here is the Onion Ring ready to serve hot!
Variants and Alternatives
To make your Onion Ring even tastier you can add a little paprika or coriander or, why not, even some very finely chopped rosemary into the batter.
To understand when the oil is ready for frying you can use the “toothpick” method or, being very careful you can dip the tip of a toothpick in the oil and if you see small bubbles making then it means that you have reached the ideal temperature.
As with any fried food, I advise you not to throw all the rings into the pan at once but to fry several times. Placing too much product in the hot oil lowers the temperature and makes the frying longer, less crunchy and the fried will be much greasier.
Also read: how to get rid of back acne