Divorce is the ending of a relationship legally. It is a permanent separation of a couple after the failure of a marriage. It is the official way of parting ways from parenting and possessions. Although there is no need to get a divorce if you do not want to remarry, it can influence your legal responsibility. In the following article, we get to know about How to get a divorce in Australia? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Main Reasons behind a Divorce
There can be hundreds of causes behind the divorce, but some of the common reasons are as follows:
- Clashes due to family responsibilities; a couple may have conflicts over raising children, doing household chores, and childcare errands.
- Undoubtedly domestic violence and substance abuse are the most exact causes of a divorce. Living with a narcissist or mentally sick spouse is equal to killing yourself. So one should not bear such kind of behavior.
- Extramarital affairs can lead to separation. If a person cannot be loyal to his\her partner, he should not get married.
- When communication problems between couples reach a peak, they end up fighting. If this continues, splitting up is a must.
- Major incompatibilities like religious differences, sexual difficulties, and lack of communal morals may escort partners to disconnect. That is why it is always advisable to sort out such differences before tying the knots.
- Having money problems can cause long-term family tensions, resulting in a divorce.
Taking Divorce in Australia
If you are a citizen of Australia and relate to one of the reasons mentioned above, you must consider getting a divorce. Don’t you know how? Well, here is a guide to take divorce in this country.
Before applying for the divorce, make sure you have been separated from your partner for at least twelve months. Moreover, if you are wedded for less than two years, you and your partner must attend counseling with a family therapist before applying for a divorce. But here you have a choice. You can ask the court to permit you for divorce without the counseling certificate.
Applying for Divorce
You require applying to Federal Circuit Court for divorce. But you need to apply to the Family Court of Western Australia if you reside in Western Australia. You can use it separately or with your spouse.
Now you also have the option to apply for a divorce online on the websites of these two courts. You will be provided with all information regarding fees and other affairs on these websites. We cannot tell about the exact timeframe of taking divorce in Australia. You might not be granted an official divorce on the first hearing if the court requires more information from you.
You will not get a divorce if you have not satisfied the court regarding children under 18 ( if you have any).
Also read: how to sleep with lower back pain.