block emails on Gmail. In recent years, the mass sending of messages and calls has multiplied to fill many spam inboxes. Yes. You have received many messages of this type or from certain users. You can block it easily.
The truth is that more and more companies are serious about spam abuse at your service. This was the case with WhatsApp, which stated a few months ago that legal action is being taken against those who use it excessively. They haven’t got that far in Gmail so far, and you can control it.
Block users in Gmail
block emails on Gmail. If you keep getting Gmail messages from the same user, then you can block them. In order to do this you have to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the email of the user you want to block.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the email. (Don’t confuse the same app settings icon above).
- Click Block Email (Protected Email). “
- Once that’s done, you will lose an email alert asking you to be careful with the message and you will have the option to approve the sender with a single click. All emails from this sender are moved directly to the spam bar.
Block email in Gmail
In addition to blocking users, you can also block certain emails from reaching your inbox. You have several options for doing this.
Mark as spam
This is the oldest and most possible option. The most effective. After opening the Gmail app on your Android phone, do the following:
- Select the message from the desired sender (e.g. a newsletter or a promotional email) by clicking on the circle on the left side of the screen.
- Click in the upper right corner of the icon with the three vertical dots.
- Select “Mark as Spam”.
After this is over, all the sender’s emails will be moved to the spam folder.
Unsubscribe from bulk emails
Have you signed up for a website and sent yourself a lot of emails? You can remove it. To do this, open the Gmail app and do the following:
- Open the email of the sender whose message you do not want to receive.
- Open the bottom of the message and tap “Unsubscribe” or “Cancel Settings”. If it doesn’t appear, the sender didn’t provide the required information so that you can cancel the subscription. In this case, you should mark the message as spam as described above or block the sender.
- A submission page will open asking if you would like to stop receiving further communications and why. The text of the message generally varies, although the gist is the same. In our example, simply select an option and click on “Unsubscribe”.
If you get a lot of emails from certain senders and don’t open them for a while, Gmail recommends unsubscribing from the list.
Also Read: How to pair apple watch